Pages

Saturday 30 August 2014

Blog Hop!

So, I was nominated by my lovely friend Marilla to take part in this blog hop just before I went away.  I had every intention of doing this before now but, well, life.   So....

No making photos, so holiday photos instead!


What have you been doing / making / scribbling at your desk this week?

I have been on my holibobs so have been a bit less productive than usual but I did take some fabric away with me.  I managed to finish a couple of things including a soon to be blogged top for my lovely Mum in exchange for a cardigan she knitted for me.  I did really miss my knitting while I was away so I was pleased I took some fabric with me to play with.


Where are you currently finding your inspirations? (Influences, heroes, sources of inspirations, paths exploring)?

Primarily the internet.  I have been an avid blog reader for the past four or five years.  I have always crafted (I used to be a chef, I have been knitting for years and have sewed intermittently) but after my daughter was born four and a half years ago I started looking for tutorials to help me make stuff for her and found loads of sewing blogs.  I have learnt so much through reading them and am continuously inspired by the lovely people of the internet.  I am also addicted to Instagram at the moment and love seeing what people are making.

Niece on left wearing Granny knitted cardi, daughter on right wearing me knitted cardi!

How important is being creative to you, and how do you blend this with your work / life / family balance?

Without going into detail, the last few years have been pretty stressful.  My husband and I run our own business, we are trying to build a house and expand our family.  Without having a creative release I do not think we would have got through as well as we have.  When I stopped being a chef and went into office jobs I picked up my knitting after a few years break because I really missed the creativity.  I come from a long line of makers and doers and it is very important to me to have something to fill my hands with.  I would also like to be able to pass these skills on to my daughter as they were passed on to me.

As from September my daughter will be in full time school and I plan on working three to four days in the office and having one or two days at home, ostensibly to get on with things at home but I would also like to spend this extra time sewing.  At the moment I do most of my sewing and knitting in the evenings but the Child is getting more and more interested in making things with me and sits on my knee occasionally while I sew.

One of my early makes for the Child, unfortunately I didn't always photograph things. 
Well, that was fun!  I hereby nominate Helen from Just Sew Therapeutic and Katy from Designs by BellaBug to write something if they wish to!









2 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot to comment on this to say what an adorable baby picture that is. So, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so, so gorgeous - before she learnt to talk!!

      Delete