Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

Bluegingerdoll Bonnie Sweater AND Tilly and the Buttons Delphine Skirt!

I was going to split this into two separate posts, but since I made these over the course of two evenings and wore them out together yesterday I thought they could share!
 

Having seen Handmade Jane's Bluegingerdoll Bonnie Sweater I knew I had to make one, then Amanda at KitschyCoo got some lovely stripy sweater knit in stock, the planets aligned and a top was born!

The pattern is marked as beginner which is perfect.  I didn't use the instructions as it is a lovely straightforward make.  I did change the pattern slightly, I made view B but then I lengthened it a bit.  Unfortunatlely I can't remember how much I lengthened it by because I traced this at my parents house a few weeks ago!  I did lengthen/widen the bottom band also to make up for the added width around the bottom but not by enough so it looks a bit puffy. However, I like it like this so I won't be changing it!!   I also added cuffs onto the sleeves just because.


I really love this jumper, it is so comfy but (hopefully) stylish, if I can find some more lovely sweater knits I am totally going to make more of these!


The skirt is completely copied from Marilla!  She very kindly sent me some of her fab yellow denim and what else could I do with it but copy her skirt, so now we are skirt twins!  Except I was a bit lazy and didn't add pockets, or finish off the seams beautifully like she has done.


I am so pleased with my skirt though.  I have made the Tilly and the Buttons Delphine skirt before and I love it so much, I must wear it about three times a week.  I also have some blue denim in to make another one!  For me, it is the perfect skirt to wear with tights and boots in the winter.  My only slight (very slight) regret with this one is I didn't line it and I did find it was sticking to my tights a bit yesterday.  It will be fantastic in the summer though, and I will just wear a slip underneath it until then.

I am so pleased with my new outfit.  It is always my winter wardrobe which looks bare and I end up wearing the same few skirts and tops in very short rotation so I am very pleased to have something new to add into the mix.



8 comments:

  1. Gah, this is a PERFECT outfit all round! I LOVE the striped Bonnie with the red touches, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! May have to blatantly copy you for my next version.... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! Go ahead and copy, I want to copy your polka dot version!! x

      Delete
  2. Really love your Bonnie, the combination of navy stripes with the red contrast works so well. Great to see such a colourful outfit brightening up the cold dark winter! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! I did feel very cheerful wearing that skirt!

      Delete
  3. What a great cheery colourful outfit for midwinter and I can see it being worn in spring too! I love the jumper with red trim. And a yellow denim skirt...I want one too now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm yellow denim! The fabric of the gods! Go forth and make one! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow absolutely love both!!! Awesome outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great outfit! It's so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete