I decided to make the top length as that is what fitted on the fabric I took with me but I would have liked to make the dress length, which I will do one day very soon, possibly in denim or maybe corduroy. The fabric I used is a shirting type chambray which I bought a lot of a few years ago. I have used it on so many projects, mostly for the child, and this was the very last bits of it. I had some yellow buttons which I wanted to use on it and I used yellow thread to stitch the pocket on, which I am rather proud of!
The pattern itself comes with three different length options, a buttoned option or plain front and curved hem or straight so it is a really versatile pattern. Marilla has made about 10 different versions herself and she has set up a Pinterest board for inspiration.
I am very excited by Marilla's foray into pattern production, and hope there are many more to come. Good luck!!