Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Giant Granny Square

There isn't really a huge amount that can be said about a blanket which is just a big granny square so this is going to be a very picture heavy post!


I started making this blanket in January (although I have made 2 baby blankets in that time too) as I wanted something I could just sit and do without thinking about while watching television.  A kind of break from creativity whilst being creative!  It doesn't feel like it has taken that long to do and if I hadn't run out of wool I could have carried on indefinitely!



The wool I used is Rico Creative Cotton (Aran) from Wool Warehouse.  This is a really nice wool for crochet which I also used for a few samples I made for my local Guides when we were doing crochet last term.



 I picked the colours of pale blue, yellow and two types of grey because when we eventually have a proper bedroom these are the colours I would like to use.  I am currently working on a quilt in similar colours which I hope to have finished sometime this year (it's been going for over a year now!).


 Although this blanket is "finished" I haven't done a special edging or border on it as I still think I may add to it at some point in the future.  It is just big enough to cover the end of a double bed at the moment but I know we will be getting a king size so I could potentially want it a bit bigger, and I think it would look amazing if it was big enough to hang to the ground all the way round.  With it using over a ball per round now I think I will have to start saving!


My friend, Kara, took these lovely pictures of my blanket at the beach on Saturday (she also took these amazing pictures).  It was such a fantastic day and it really makes me appreciate what a beautiful area of the world we live in, so thank you very much Kara!


No comments:

Post a Comment