|Mimi avec un design feature, multicoloured buttons!|
I decided to use some of my Goldhawk Road fabrics to make myself a MMM final day outfit and since Tilly's book had just arrived through the post what better place to find a pattern. I started with the Mimi Blouse which I made out of this grey fabric with tiny, bright flowers all over it.
I made a straight size 4 without making a muslin and the fit is perfect. I am in love with this blouse, so much so that I wore it for 3 days in a row after MMM! It does not photograph well and I struggled to get any decent pictures of it, but I love it anyway.
The pattern is extremely well drafted and the instructions are very thorough. There isn't really much more to say about it, I made this over two nights whilst watching something rubbish and finished it before I realised it! I love it and loved making it so much there are definitely going to be more of these in my life soon.
I lined the skirt in a pale lemon cotton and whilst I still feel it does need some lining, I didn't need to make the lining the exact replica of the outer fabric. There is so much fabric gathered into the waistband that it flares out a lot. I also made the skirt too long and I felt swamped in fabric and quite uncomfortable wearing it. I did wear it for a whole day and I still love the fabric but I just feel like I have not done either the pattern or the fabric justice.
|Posing still leaves a lot to be desired!|
All is not lost though. As I left the skirt so long I think I will be able to remake this into (hopefully) a dress, or if not a more fitted skirt. I bought 2 metres of this and I still have a fair chunk uncut so I hope to start working on plan B very soon!